Today is the last day of my 30 days of gratitude post. This was a pretty big commitment for me because I’m really busy and tired when I get home in the evenings, but I am really glad that I decided to make that commitment. There were a couple of times where I combined days but I’m still pretty proud of this small accomplishment.
The 30 days of gratitude forced me to think about something everyday that I am grateful for. Although I only posted one thing in each post, I could always come up with more. This gave me an opportunity to reflect on how truly blessed I am. I can always come up with things that are not right, that I don’t like, or how I want things to be different. Taking a moment everyday to really focus on what I am thankful and grateful for makes everything else seem small.
Through this exercise I looked at my situation compared to others and realized how much I have to be grateful for. I realize that no matter what my situation is, there is always someone who would love to be in my shoes.
I will end my 30 days of gratitude with a top 10 list:
- I am grateful that Jesus died for our sins
- I am grateful for my life health and strength (that’s what you always hear someone say it church but it is true)
- I am grateful for my good husband who is loving caring and very supportive of my dreams and goals.
- I am grateful for my children and their health. I am grateful that I do not have any serious problems with my children. (I know this is two things but I’m trying to stick with 10)
- I am grateful for my parents and what they have done for me and how they raised me.
- I am grateful for my grandma. She keeps my youngest daughter everyday and picks my middle daughter from school every Friday.
- I am grateful for my brother and his love for me.
- I am grateful for my friends and the friendship they give.
- I am grateful for my job.
- I am grateful for my neighbors.
My new challenge to myself is to take a moment at the end of everyday to think of one thing that I am grateful and thankful for and write it down in a gratitude journal. No matter how bad the day may have been there is always something to be grateful for.
For this post I chose a picture of my girls that I took this past Sunday. I was excited about how well it turned out because it was my first time using off camera flash. I got the card template from Ashe Design.